The Water4All and Water JPI initiatives will participate in the upcoming Sustainability Research and Innovation (SRI) that will take place in Panama. The SRI Congress is the world’s largest transdisciplinary event gathering the global sustainability community.
The themes for this year are:
- Turning the tide for climate: collaborative action for institutional transformation.
- Healthy and inclusive communities.
- A peaceful planetary mind.
- Latin America and the Caribbean Science and Innovation for Sustainability.
Water4All will organise in cooperation with the Water JPI an interactive dialogue as a side event to the congress that will aim at presenting these initiatives to international players and encourage an active dialogue with potential partners, particularly those from the Caribbean Region and South America.
The presentation of the Water4All & Water JPI initiatives will include:
- Strategic orientations of the programme (thematic priorities, types of activities to be undertaken, key performance indicators, impact analysis of activities);
- Science-policy work plan as a way to promote the uptake of results and proposed solutions in policy making;
- Demonstration activities in areas selected by members and allowing the testing of innovative solutions;
- Activities in international cooperation, science diplomacy and governance issues in transboundary river catchments.