Water security is a global challenge faced by all countries. Therefore, strengthening collaboration which goes beyond Europe on any kind of water-related issues is considered important. Involving possible contributions of international partners to all Water4All activities will be coordinated in this cross-cutting Pillar E with some additional and mutual benefits:
- supporting the participation of countries beyond Europe in an equal footing basis;
- reducing existing barriers for engaging with Research & Innovation programmes;
- enlarging the role of co-design and the cooperation;
- attracting new partners in order to create the necessary critical mass for developing innovative solutions and increasing their implementation;
- providing innovative solutions for global water-related issues;
- connecting end-users outside of Europe with innovative European water(technology) SMEs.
The Partnership will concretely contribute to the achievements of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals - UN SDGs - by connecting Research & Innovation activities to the monitoring of UN SDGs and related targets, and raising the level of engagement of countries by providing solutions from Water4All.
This approach will ensure that by the end of the implementation plan, Water4All should become the coordination /strategic portal for Research & Innovation programming in water challenges.
The activities planned in Pillar E have direct links with other Pillars: A, B, C, and D.